Thursday, June 16, 2011

General Information


I found it very odd that we needed to keep a blog for this class. When I signed up for the required math classes, I assumed it was going to follow the role of traditional math classes I have taken in the past. I thought we would learn of the new methods and rules that have come into the classroom since I was last there. As I have started to read through my classmates, I have started to see this as more of an opportunity to catch ideas that might have initially grazed my focus. Reviewing what my classmates gained from the information in their own words is going to give me great perspective on the issues that are going to be facing us in the classroom both when it is full of eager learners and during those times when it is not.

Beyond diving into math for my summer; I have taken up golf recently with my husband and two young sons. I have also started running as a stress reliever and great workout. I am working toward certification for elementary education in Minnesota with the ultimate goal of teaching a college course similar to what is offered at Bemidji State through the DLiTE program. Here is to a safe tan, long summer, and good grades for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment